Servers without a control panel (like cPanel or Plesk) don’t have phpMyAdmin installed. To manage databases without a control panel, you need to use the SSH command line to import .SQL backup files.
- Open the .SQL file in a text editor to ensure it is formatted to use the correct database. There should be a use database command at the top, and it should reference the database that is receiving the imported data. If this command is not included, you can add or use it once you log in to MySQL.
- Log in to SSH as the root user.
- To log in to MySQL, type mysql -u username -p, where username is your database username.
- When you see Enter password:, enter your password for that MySQL user.
- If you did not include the use database command in the .SQL file, select the target database of the import. Do this by typing use database_name; and then press Enter.
- Type SOURCE /path/to/sql/file.sql, and then press Enter.
- Monitor the running import log to check for errors.
- To confirm the data was imported correctly, type show tables; and then press Enter.
- Type select * from table; and then press Enter. Your imported MySQL database tables display.